I’m the laziest online reader, so when The Versatile Blogger award arrived with a rule about linking to 15 more blogs I like, it wasn’t easy. There are so many good ones …
I flit from blog to blog, appreciating this post, that poem, this art … so here are 15 I recommend for inspiration, for appreciating heartfelt work, for connecting with other WordPress creators:
1. The Mindful Word: Mindful living, from meditation to traveling to vegan triathletes.
2. River Under Water: Heart-stirring art by Colleen Ponce.
3. Chicquero: Denis Braguini Bevacqua and Lailah Chamon Botelho from Brazil bring style and sauciness to their blog. This particular link has some great quotations with art.
4. Nature Blog Network: Found Mike Bergin’s WordPress/Sandbox project through a sweet little blog from Pennsylvania …
5. Some Little Crum Creek: This nature blog proves if you write what you know, photograph what draws your curiousity … readers will share your love of a little corner of creation.
6. My Daily Creativity: Therapist Angela Doo shows courage in probing her grief through a blog of art and writing and appreciation of the support of others.
7. Words/Love: I like Francesca Zelnick’s emphatic voice, as in “Don’t waste your light.” Who can argue with that? See her Margaret Atwood quotation, on “why I write.”
8. Kelly Buckley: Non-fiction author, speaker, motivational blogger, nurse … Kelly was born in Canada and lives in North Carolina. I admire her 100-day “JOLT Challenge” — just one little thing — and her call for a global conversation on “life, gratitude, compassion and resilience.”
9. Ify Okoye: It takes courage to write about one’s faith online in a country that doesn’t always make you feel welcome. Ify Okoye, self-described “recovering news junkie”, photographer, “rebel with a cause” and a nurse, emigrated from Nigeria, so has a refreshing perspective on American life, from New York. Check her “What I Learned in Nursing School” post.
10. Inspiration in Focus: From Colorado, fellow kayaker Melissa Johnson shares “felt photos”, John Muir quotations and simple advice: “Connect. Learn. Be inspired. Share. Reconnect. Repeat.”
11. 7th Heaven Photoblog: I’m always checking blogs from India, and am really impressed with the work of Preetam Nath, who describes himself as an 18-year-old BTech and ECE student in Karnataka. Only 18? Such a sensitive soul …
12. Cristian Mihaid: Cristian Mihai gathers a large community of writers and poses questions about what works and what doesn’t. Lively, engaging commentary, from Romania.
13. Mullings of a Mind Tramp: Romantic poetry from Guy Nickwell.
14. PhotoNatureBlog: The Internet thrives on powerful nature photos, so admire these from photographer Jeffrey Foltice in West Michigan.
15. 400 Days Til 40: Don’t want to spoil the fun for a blogger on a “quest to figure out life by 40.”
Thanks to all these creators for sharing their work worldwide, and congratulations for being the next to get The Versatile Blogger.